It would be fair - and precisely accurate (Yes, I know that is redundant) - to say John and I are cruiseaholics.
We call cruising the Whitman's Sampler approach to travel. (And we should know, given we are certainly chocoholics!)
Do you know Whitman's Sampler? You pay one price and buy a box of candy and every piece - every single piece - is unique. Maybe you love it and wish the whole box held nothing but that. Or maybe you spit it out and wish you had never tasted it.
Same - same with cruising.
You pay one price and go to a resort. Then the resort launches itself and starts sailing. Almost every day you wake up in a new experience, in a new city, a new country, a new something. You explore the new location then return to the resort. On days the resort does not dock (AKA sea days) you spend your time relaxing in the pleasures provided by the resort.
| It's a tough life, but someone has to live it! |
And, everywhere you go, your hotel room - in fact the whole resort - goes with you.
Historically I have sent a more-or-less daily email update to my family. Someone, possibly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of emails, suggested I was practically writing a blog so why not go ahead and publish it?
After much (well, okay, five or six minutes) of thinking about it, I decided that was a very good idea. And here it is.
Taaah Daaah
The next trip starts tomorrow. Stay tuned.
I like the idea. Keep it up. Looked over the itinerary. Looks like lots of fun. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete