3/4 Sea Day On A Sick Ship
Several passengers mentioned having experiencing gastrointestinal 'opportunities' yesterday. So I was not completely shocked this morning when the usually silent captain activated the loud speakers to report we got trouble in river city. In the olden days ships kept outbreaks kind of stealth. New CDC rules: if more than 1% of the ship complement (passengers and crew) report the same symptoms, everyone onboard must be notified and everywhere must be closed & sterilized. Some places (like the library and the laundromat) must be closed until 72 hours after no new symptoms / illness is reported.
Wish I had done laundry this morning (of course, I already have several books - ship libraries tend to be fascinating).
So, today we sailed. Watched schools of dolphins cavorting. Sailed. Noshed. Sailed. Napped. Talked. Rocked and rolled mildly as we fight our way South through the Humbolt Current.
I might be wrong, but I suspect a certain amount of drinking may have happened.......might still be happening.
I worked on a presentation I am giving to the community in a few months.
Except for the people losing unplanned weight, it was a pretty good day.
Gee, I hope the fact that we haven't heard from you for two days is not because you got the bug! TRawls
ReplyDelete