Yesterday's adventurous were, to misquote Mark Twain, of a mild sort.
I was jet lagged as heck and so declared a sea day. Meaning I stayed onboard, explored the ship (nothing significant - or noticeable - has changed in the intervening year), met people, read, and generally lived the low activity life.
John went on the three hour drive around, see the city excursion we had booked. He had a great time (kept texting 'I saw a blah-blah you would have loved'). Reminded me I attended a great work convention here decades ago. Always meant to come back on vaycay. That action has now returned to my to-do list.
Today and tomorrow are sea days as we charge steadily Southward in search of warm weather and exotic locations (next stop, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico). At 11:00 every sea day I am signed up to attend a watercolor painting class (last time I tried watercolor the results and expectations were hilariously out of sync).
I met a lot of lecturers yesterday. (Happy Dance, the last few trips lacked interesting speakers.) Once I review the Day's Activities schedule, I am looking forward to listening and learning many new things. There are places to set up the old laptop and work on finishing that short story that is going to make me rich and famous.......okay, that is going to be a lot of fun to finish crafting. And then, there's always the treadmill.
Today and tomorrow won't be hyper. But they will be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment